1 1/2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 cup White Granulated Sugar
1 14.5 ounce can of Red Tart Cherries, save 1/4 cup of liquid, and drain the rest.
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 cup Cherry Water
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1 teaspoon Almond Extract
2 Eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
For the streusel topping
3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Butter, cold and cubed
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and prepare your loaf pan with parchment paper and nonstick baking spray.
- In a small bowl prepare your streusel ingredients, flour brown sugar, and cubes of cold butter.
- Work it together with your hands, squishing the butter into the flour until it comes together into a crumbly texture.
- To keep the butter cold, put the streusel in the fridge while you prepare your cherry bread mixture.
- In a large bowl sift together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking soda. Whisk to combine.
- Add to the flour mixture the drained cherries, vegetable oil, beaten eggs, cherry water, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Mix together gently and try not to overmix.
- Pour your cherry bread mixture into your prepared loaf pan.
- Remove the streusel topping from the fridge and spread it evenly over the top of your bread mixture.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 15-30 minutes before removing from the pan and serving.
Storage: Store your cherry loaf wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature on your countertop for up to 3 days, and even longer in the refrigerator.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper, enough so that about 2 inches stick out from either side. This will make pulling the loaf out of the pan a whole lot easier.
- This recipe makes quite a bit of streusel topping. I really love a streusel topping. You do not have to use it all, I would tho!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 90 minutes
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 459
- Sugar: 35.2 g
- Sodium: 327.8 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 63.4 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 61.8 mg