1 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 cup white granulated sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F, prepare your baking dish by spraying a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl add oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Combine mixtures together in the large bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon, whisk together and sprinkle half of this mixture on top of your cake batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter into your baking dish and gently spread evenly, then top with the last half of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top of your coffee cake batter before baking.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil then bake again for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with a nice cup of coffee!
For fun individual servings, use a 12 serving muffin tin. Line or grease the muffin tin before filling.
Change up the spices! Swap cinnamon for ground nutmeg and allspice.
Add diced apples and replace the cinnamon with apple pie spice. Baking time may be longer due to the added moisture of the apples
Serve with a vanilla glaze or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Best served warm but is just as delicious at room temperature or cold. Re-heat in 10-second increments in the microwave.
Store in an airtight container either at room temperature for 2-3 days or refrigerated for a week.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: European
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 497
- Sugar: 41.8 g
- Sodium: 121.1 mg
- Fat: 24.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 67.2 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
Keywords: coffee cake, recipe for coffee cake, cinnamon coffee cake, coffee cake muffin