1 cup canola oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup milk
1 cup white granulated sugar
3 cups all purpose flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/3 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F, prepare your baking dish by spraying a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl add oil, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Whisk to combine.
- In a medium bowl sift flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Combine mixtures together in the large bowl.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into your prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar and cinnamon, whisk together and sprinkle half of this mixture on top of your cake batter.
- Pour the rest of the batter into your baking dish and gently spread evenly, then top with the last half of the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top of your coffee cake batter before baking.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil then bake again for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm with a nice cup of coffee!
Add diced apples and replace the cinnamon with apple pie spice. Baking time may be longer due to the added moisture of the apples
Serve with a vanilla glaze or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Best served warm but is just as delicious at room temperature or cold. Re-heat in 10-second increments in the microwave.
Store in an airtight container either at room temperature for 2-3 days or refrigerated for a week.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Category: Cakes
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: European
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 497
- Sugar: 41.8 g
- Sodium: 121.1 mg
- Fat: 24.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 67.2 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
Keywords: coffee cake, recipe for coffee cake, cinnamon coffee cake, coffee cake muffin