1 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
3/4 cup Cake flour
1 teaspoon Cornstarch
2 tablespoons Instant coffee powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/2 cup Unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1/2 cup Brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup White granulated sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 large Egg
1 Egg yolk
1 cup Espresso morsels, optional
1 cup Powdered sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2–3 tablespoons Milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, cake flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the instant coffee powder and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl add the unsalted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. With a hand mixer, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and yolk, then add the vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Add the flour mixture 1/3 at a time until all of the flour is fully incorporated.
- Fold in the espresso morsels if you’re using them. Stick extra on top if you’d like.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to drop dough onto your prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Prepare the thin glaze in a small bowl. Whisk together the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled cookies. Allow the icing to set before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 257
- Sugar: 24.8 g
- Sodium: 121.3 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 39 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 3.3 g
- Cholesterol: 38.4 mg
Keywords: coffee cookies