4 tablespoons Unsalted Butter, melted & cooled
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Granulated Sugar
2 large Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 3/4 cup All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1 cup Almond Slivers
1/2 cup Milk Chocolate Chips, for drizzle
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt your butter. Approx. 30 seconds is all it should take. Then chill it while you prepare the rest of your ingredients.
- To a stand mixer bowl add the eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix on low to combine.
- Placing a sifter over the bowl add in your cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Use the paddle attachment to mix on low-medium until well combined. Scraping the edge of the bowl as you need to.
- Lightly flour your work surface and pour out the biscotti dough. The dough will be very sticky, so you’ll want a bit more than a dusting of flour on your work surface. Work the dough into a ball.
- Place the ball onto your prepared baking sheet and begin to shape it into a log shape. It shouldn’t be any taller than 3/4 inches. Even out the edges so it’s a uniform thickness all the way around.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes as 1 whole log or if you’re preparing 2 smaller loaves you can bake them for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Allow your biscotti log to cool completely before beginning the next step. Once cooled, use a large kitchen knife to slice straight down at a diagonal creating those signature biscotti cookie shapes, roughly 1/2 thick.
- Place the cookies cut side down back onto the baking sheet, and bake once more for 15 – 18 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving, decorating, and storing.
- Prepare the milk chocolate chips by melting them in the microwave at 50% power for up to 2 minutes, checking and stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving and storing.
- How you decorate your biscotti is completely up to your creative eye.
- Either drizzle, drip, or dip into the milk chocolate on top.
- Cook Time: 55
- Category: Scones & Biscotti
- Method: Twice baked
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 11.9 g
- Sodium: 37.8 mg
- Fat: 10 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.2 g
- Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
- Cholesterol: 16.9 mg
Keywords: chocolate almond biscotti