3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp water
2 cups pecan halves
2 cups almonds
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Add brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and water to a large pan or dutch oven.
- On medium-high heat stir the mixture until the brown sugar melts and starts to bubble.
- Carefully pour in pecans and almonds. Stir well to coat all the nuts with the sugar syrup.
- Continue to stir for 2-3 minutes to cook and fully coat the nuts, being careful not to cook too long or burn them.
- Pour coated nuts out onto the prepared baking sheet. Allow nuts to cool completely, approximately 30 minutes. They should be crunchy once fully cooled.
- Once cooled, break apart the stuck-together nuts. Store in an airtight container.
Other nuts! – Try a variation of other nuts including whole raw walnuts or whole raw cashews.
Add to trail mix! – Mix candied nuts with fresh-popped popcorn, pretzels, and chocolate pieces. Mmm!
Spice it up! – Add 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the mixture.
Use as a topping! – Add these delicious candied pecans and almonds to a salad or to your favorite breakfast waffle or french toast! Add as a topping to ice cream or a baked casserole.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Treats
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 471
- Sugar: 20.9 g
- Sodium: 296.7 mg
- Fat: 37.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 30.7 g
- Fiber: 7.6 g
- Protein: 10.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: candied nuts, candied pecans and almonds, pecans, almonds