- In a small bowl add brewed coffee and 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Whisk until sugar has dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Using the double boil method (place a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water) Place the egg yolks and sugar in the heatproof bowl over the pot of simmering water.
- Whisk using a hand whisk or a hand mixer until the yolk mixture reaches a thick and foamy consistency and is hot to the touch.
- Remove from heat to cool for about 15 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer bowl, whisk heavy cream until stiff peaks have formed.
- After the egg yolk mixture has cooled, add the room temperature mascarpone cheese. Whisk until incorporated and smooth.
- In 2 batches, fold in the whipped heavy cream until smooth.
- Dip the ladyfingers very quickly in the coffee syrup. Less than a second, not any longer or they’ll end up too soggy.
- Layer them in an 8-baking dish or a similar-sized dish of your choosing.
- Spoon half of the filling onto the ladyfingers and spread out until smooth.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for the last layers.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours.
- Right before serving, dust the top with cocoa powder. Cut and serve cold.
- Make this recipe the day before, or even 2 days before serving. Right before serving, dust with cocoa powder.
- This recipe doesn’t include any alcohol, but you can add marsala wine or brandy to the coffee syrup mixture.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 6 hours
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Treats
- Method: layered
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 382
- Sugar: 19.5 g
- Sodium: 61 mg
- Fat: 27.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 33.4 g
- Protein: 7.6 g
- Cholesterol: 151.5 mg
Keywords: tiramisu recipe without alcohol