2 cups warmed milk
2 tbsp instant dry yeast, 1 packet
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp salt
6 tbsp softened butter
2 large eggs
6 cups all-purpose flour
4 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp sea salt
- In your stand mixer bowl add the warmed milk, melted butter, and sugar. Stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the yeast over the mixture, stir gently to mix. Let sit for 5 minutes or until foamy.
- Add egg to the wet mixture.
- Add 5 ½ cups flour and salt.
- Using the dough hook for your stand mixer, mix on a low setting until the mixture starts to come together. Increase speed to medium. Slowly start adding the remaining ½ cup of flour.
- Mix in the stand mixer for 5 minutes until the dough starts to pull away from the sides. It should still be slightly sticky.
- Place smoothed dough into a lightly greased bowl. Cover with towel or plastic wrap for 1 hour.
- Punch the dough down, then once again pour out onto a lightly floured surface.
- Separate the dough into 24 equal balls. Best to use a scale to measure the dough, then divide. This will ensure they all bake evenly.
- Fold the dough ball under to create a smooth top, use your hand to gently cup around the dough ball on the countertop, and roll it into a smooth ball.
- Place on a greased large baking sheet. You’ll end up with 6 rows of 4. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Beat the remaining egg and brush over the rolls. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until browned.
- In a microwave-safe bowl add the butter for the topping, melt in the microwave for a few seconds until melted. Add garlic powder and salt. Stir. Brush butter on freshly baked rolls when they come out of the oven.
- Prep Time: 2.5 hours
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Breads
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Roll
- Calories: 217
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 613.2 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 31.9 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
- Cholesterol: 39.3 mg
Keywords: dinner roll recipe, garlic butter dinner rolls, thanksgiving rolls,