2 cups (240g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2/3 cup sugar
1 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
4 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 large egg, room temp
3 cups rolled oats
1 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup dried cranberries
In a medium bowl sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda, whisk to combine, set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the room temperature butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat on medium until light and fluffy.
Add in the eggs and vanilla. Beat on low until thoroughly combined.
Add to the large bowl the flour and baking soda mixture, mix well until incorporated.
Pour in your oatmeal, white chocolate chips, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and dried cranberries and combine. Because this doesn’t stir so well after adding our inclusions, I put some food-safe gloves on and mixed them in by hand.
Chill this cookie dough for at least 1 hour. You can make this ahead of time and chill overnight if you want to as well!
Preheat the oven to 375 F and line a couple of large baking sheets with parchment paper.
This recipe makes 11 GIANT cookies. Weigh or separate your chilled dough into 11 large balls or 160-gram cookie balls.
If you want a flatter cookie, press your dough ball down as shown in the picture below. If you’d prefer a fatter cookie, leave your cookie in its ball shape. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden on the edges.
Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes… Or just dig it right away while they’re gooey and hot! I mean why not right, they’re delicious… seriously!
- Store baked cookies in an air-tight container or Ziploc bag to keep them soft and fresh.
- Make sure ingredients are room temperature, set out at least 30 minutes before starting your recipe.
- Don’t skip the chilling of your dough. Not chilling your dough will result in very flat and likely overcooked cookies.
- Bake only one sheet of cookies at a time. This will result in an even cook.
- Experiment with different inclusions. Let me know in the comments what you tried and if you enjoyed the experience.
- Pairs well with a cold glass of milk or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 776
- Sugar: 77.7 g
- Sodium: 254.4 mg
- Fat: 32.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 114.4 g
- Protein: 9.6 g
- Cholesterol: 82.5 mg
Keywords: giant chocolate chip cookies, chocolate and cranberry, white chocolate and cranberry, monster cookie