3 cups All-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Unsalted butter, softened
1 cup White granulated sugar
2 large Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 tablespoon Lemon zest
1 cup Lemon curd, jarred
- Preheat your oven to 350 F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk to combine and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Use a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add one egg at a time and beat until each is combined. Mix in the vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Add the flour mixture 1/3 at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Use a small cookie scoop to form cookie dough balls. Place them on your prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each one.
- Use the back of a spoon, measuring spoon or your thumb to press a slight indent into your cookie dough balls.
- Spoon a small amount of lemon curd into each cookie, roughly 1/2 teaspoon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and let the cookies chill on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, you can dust them with powdered sugar. This is optional.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 8.1 g
- Sodium: 58.8 mg
- Fat: 7.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 16.8 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 47.4 mg
Keywords: lemon curd thumbprint cookies