Brown butter iced pumpkin oatmeal cookies are seriously so delicious and packed with that delicious pumpkin flavor we all love. Not only is brown butter in the icing but it’s in the oatmeal pumpkin cookies as well!
Unsalted butter Rolled oats All purpose flour Baking soda Salt Pumpkin pie spice Cinnamon Granulated sugar Packed brown sugar Egg yolk Vanilla extract Pumpkin puree
For The Glaze Unsalted butter Powdered sugar Milk Vanilla extract
1. In a large bowl whisk together rolled oats, all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, pumpkin pie spice, and cinnamon.
2. Pour 1 cup of the browned butter into another large bowl. Add white and brown sugar to the bowl and whisk until combined.
3. Add in the egg yolk and vanilla extract, and whisk again until combined. Add in the pumpkin puree and whisk. Then add in the flour mixture half at a time, and mix until combined.
4. Use a medium or large cookie scoop, and place cookie dough scoops onto your prepared baking sheets. Press down slightly on the cookie to flatten.
5. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before topping with the brown butter glaze.