An all-around delicious Peanut Butter Cookie. A have it your way cookie. Chewy or crunchy, with or without peanut butter drizzle. Any way is the right way.
Shortening Sugar Creamy peanut butter Eggs Vanilla All-purpose flour Light brown sugar Salt Baking soda Baking powder
1. Cream together the shortening, eggs, vanilla, and peanut butter. Then add the dry ingredients 1/3 at a time and mix slowly until fully combined.
2. Wrap tightly and chill for at least 1 hour. Can chill for up to two days if necessary.
3. Form 2 tbsp balls and place them on your baking sheet.
4. 1. Flatten each cookie with a fork dipped in flour.
5. Bake 10 minutes for a chewy cookie, 12 minutes for a crunchier cookie.